According to Albert Einstein “Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think”.
During the last two years, I was curious about this to understand the avarice level and nature, concerns of that person, who is committed to change the old system and transforming them into an updated accessible foundation upon which our future would be built. The purpose of education is to replace a fixed mindset with a growth one.
He is putting all his efforts to furnish the best possible outputs through the constant progress in the education sector by reforming its different parameters making the public and private sector accessible. The audience around him is engaged in utilizing their energies to put him down, to lessen his energy level, to divert the positive approach of the community towards his innumerable efforts towards the school education department in Punjab. Some Media groups are also playing their role in spreading rumors instead of propagating his departmental achievements. Rather they would be exciting in propelling campaign against all those steps he has taken in education sectors but as we know all he who opens a school door closes a prison”.
What is the goal behind all his avarice to sustain quality education in schools, making public and private sectors affordable, accessible? He wants to give all the children a level playing field, no child left behind.
After two years in the Education department, he is a position with all these initiatives that have been taken by him and his team with collaborative efforts by diverse stakeholders connected with the Punjab school education department. A famous saying is “A boss has the title, a leader has the people”. He has the people on his journey.
An insight towards the record of his journey of milestones achieved by him;
1. Relief 20 % in school fee during the pandemic period
2. The burden of PEC examination over
3. Urdu as a medium of instruction and English as subjects going to be implemented on the primary level.
4. e- Transfers of teachers on merit and without any approach and make transfers possible without political interference
5. Un-necessarily teacher’s duties ended
6. To stop the dropout rate, an initiative of INSAAF afternoon school has been taken, according to this more than 20 thousand students has bee benefited in 22 different districts
7. Formulated teachers data record online
8. Up-gradation of schools more than 1200 primary school has been upgraded to higher secondary schools by savage of 12 billion rupees.
9. Development of 3933 new classrooms
10. Structured availability of teachers where they needed
11. Startup of a housing project for a teacher on Multan road by the federal government for the first time
12. With the collaboration of UNICEF in whole PUNJAB under the Wash Initiative 1270 washrooms constructed in schools for the importance of cleanliness and in 1500 schools Wash Clubs have been organized.
13. During the pandemic period to maximize learning Program TALEEM GHAR was started on a cable to bridge up the gap of educating children through media
14. To make school learning monitoring more functional an App prepared based on 11 different learning practices.
15. Make functional Punjab education professional standards council bill 2019
16. Punjab seized and free zed institutions (madras’s & schools) 2019 make functional
17. Designed amendments in The Punjab Private Education institution (promotion & regularization) ordinance, 1984
18. Along awaited dream of the teacher come true through Rationalization is a revolution in the School Education Department
19. Shifting/transfer of clerical staff 3 years tenure of service at one station: Overstay of clerical staff at the same station has led to corruption and development of their monopoly over official issues.
20. Making Daanish schools accessible for not only boarding students but for everyone.
21. Either harassment issues of school-going children or standing with all O’levels and A’ levels students grading problems.
He is a torchbearer, extraordinary ability, and leadership, empowering others rather than wielding authority, a dealer in hope.
A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others and he is, Dr.Murad Raas the Education Minister of Punjab Province.
In light of all the above-mentioned initiatives, it is just the beginning of his journey to make school education sector accessible for every child regardless of any sort (status symbol, class difference, socio-economical constraints) of discrimination. He shall not impede here, just started to make education zone accessible for every single child of Punjab especially promoting girls’ education and rural education. All under his motivational power will become true because he is standing beside every child.
The dream of functional inclusive education would become practical under his farsighted leadership. The talk of the town was where new Pakistan is and where is a change? So. Here it is…it is a change in the form of our visionary, determined motivational Government.
“If you are not willing to learn and execute, no one can help you, IF you are determined to learn and execute, and no one can STOP you”.
In 2010, Article 25-A of the Pakistani Constitution was created, stating that “The State shall provide free and compulsory education to all children of the age of five to sixteen years in such manner as may be determined by law.”
The state is already playing its role towards the needs and rights of persons with special needs through. These both steps are initiators to make public schools inclusive;
1. The ICT Right of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2020
2. The Supreme Court of Pakistan directed the Centre and provincial governments to stop using the words such as “disabled”, “physically handicapped”, and “mentally retarded” for official correspondence, directives, notifications, and circulars as they violate a person’s dignity
The values associated with inclusion have links to interactions ideology and revolve around fellowship, participation, democratization, benefit, equal access, quality, equity and justice. How to create inclusive environments within schools and about how to teach inclusively’
”States justness would be doubtful “if” Inclusive Education ought to not be functional in Pakistan, utilizing all equitable resources and accepting them equally to get free and compulsory Education, by eradicating inequality, for all this just we need is to non-stop positive Human attitudes.
“Excellence in education is when we do everything that we can to make sure they become everything they can”.
I believe #FUTURE IS ACCESSIBLE, IA.