I, from IBC English, welcome you all the readers to our very new platform to get you informed about the daily things you need to know. Our preference is the objective journalism in Pakistan as we are already doing it performing our duties on IBC Urdu, a very famous source of information for the masses. Continuing the same with many new additions, faces, and voices which never been heard, IBC English pledge to perform its duties to work the way a good social change can be brought. Our reporting staff, opinion-makers for the op-ed section, and other editorial staff will mostly be the young people, who are skillful but their skill is not sellable in the consumer exploiter market.
On IBC network, we stand out to be the very first platform in Pakistan which have the ability to bring the right things up without any external interference, considering all the values the true journalism demands.
Being an editor, and of course, as a journalist, my focus are those people too who want to write but do not have such skills. I welcome you to the platform and want you to write me the ideas you are going to perform your duties for the society by your word through my email. The basic things are the same for writing an oped, which I will be telling you in the same blog. What you will need is to be focused, consistent and at least honest with yourself.
Skill never comes if you want it to come itself, you have to have some space given to those skills, those spaces are struggle, effort and consistency, Believe it that your word counts.
Today if we talk about the journalists who never came to the television screen, they still write, have the power of the word which they write, and the whole world reads. One of the very prominent examples is of our fellow journalist, Cyrel Almaeda I always mention in my talks. He is a correspondent to the English daily Dawn. He has the power of the word and the world wants to read him. That shows two things, Newspapers might die but the power of word is as same as it was before. So the need is to fill your words with power, how it comes is an exercise we will be doing in next days and weeks. If you have joined us, we are like a family and will grow together to rise as a respected name in English Journalism in Pakistan.
Few things, to start writing with IBC English, you will need to consider are: write it down somewhere or keep in mind these points when are you penning down something for IBC English.
1. You don’t need difficult vocabulary and ideas, fullfil the cause of communication, if your ideas are communicating well, you are doing well.Don’t worry at all, believe it, you can write.
2. Use Simple sentences, ideas with sound grammer. Install grammerly on your pc or laptop, it will help you to make your reading at least publishable with some edits.
3. Don’t repeat the ideas, one idea per peragraph with the split of its sub ideas per sentence. Repetition offends a reader and makes your writing less interesting to read.
4. Try to discuss the ideas which you think not discussed before and your reader want to take it your way. when you sit to write, search and think of the untouched and unaddressed angles of an issue, communicate us the idea and start working on it on approval. (The random sent articles will also be considered)
5. Try to make a symphony, a very smooth flow of ideas through out the article, one sentence should link the neighboring sentences and so the paragraphs.
6. Always conclude the article with the sensible ideas, don’t let your article left incomplete without the conclusion, or not the writing left for the editor to write himself anything he want. That way your writing will not be considered anyway. Complete your work on article, and then send. Your efforts will be appreciated.
7. Write with headings, if needed. It will be more clear with the ideas you want to convey. Simple writings are also fine.
8. The last suggestion to write an effective article is to please google “How to write an effective op-ed”. It is a lifelong lesson for you people. By searching it, you will get many of the links. Opt for any of the one and take notes of that guide. Next time when you sit to write an article, keep in mind these instructions so your writing can impact loud.
I once again welcome the newbies. Your ideas, perspectives are valuable but need a proper platform to frame them. That will make your profile and that will benefit you in your career. Good luck!
(To contact me, my twitter handle is @salmandurrani0 and my email is [email protected])